Pulled the Trigger...

Discussion in 'Rift' started by Mr.Nefarious, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Mr.Nefarious

Mr.Nefarious Bang! Ye'r dead! Member

I bought the "Stormchaser Edition" of Storm Legion expansion. This is the first time I've ever bought a year subscription to an MMO before. Between Rift and Planetside 2 I should remain pretty busy in the MMO world over the next year. Fly convinced me of my savings by buying the year subscription and getting the expansion for free. That's $5 off every month from a regular sub, and $50 - $60 (depending on what version) off the expansion price. So, roughly $110 to $120 savings over the course of the year by getting this version of the game.

Trion is doing a livestream today at 2:30 p.m. Pacific Time to reveal the new Rogue soul "The Tactician". The rough description says it's a "wild, flame-throwing mechanist", but I'm still holding out for it being a medical ninja.

The mage and warrior souls have already had their reveals.

Mage = Harbinger (A melee oriented mage that summons awesome looking weapons like an energy scythe. It combines magic and melee damage with lots of mobility and invisibility options.)

Warrior = Tempest (The first long range warrior DPS soul that hurls lightning bombs and electric love to melt enemies)

It's all but confirmed that the new Cleric soul is called "The Defiler", but there's not a description available that hints at it's purpose yet. I think it sounds like a warlock, but the game already has a warlock so I hope they surprise me on this one and it is something different.

The expansion is adding a whole lot to the base game. More levels, more continents, more variety in game play. They are also adding a very interesting housing system in which you can customize your own part of the world and bring your friends there.

If the Tactician is cool I'll continue playing my rogue, but until I know for sure I am leveling a warrior for the purpose of making them a Tempest.

If anyone is planning on giving Rift a whirl they do have a free "Lite" version that lets you get a feel for it. If you'd decide you like it and wouldn't mind I only need one more referral to get my ascend a friend mount. https://rift.trionworlds.com/account/reg/account-registration-short-flow.action?voucherCode=PY73TD2K7CRZ7T2QFPLD&request_locale=en&experience=aaf&utm_source=manual&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ascend_invite

2. -RUNNR

-RUNNR Member Member

Looks like a pretty game... interesting classes too. Wish I had the time for it :) Heck, I don't even play AO anymore, both of my accounts are expired... too bad it went down hill.

3. Mr.Nefarious

I'm amazed at how AO has weathered the years though. Several of the newer MMO's have closed up shop, but AO still runs today. They even have one guy still working on the "new" engine. The makers of Rift (Trion) do right by their customers. I think they will be around a long time too.

4. Flycutter

Flycutter . Member

5. Mr.Nefarious

6. Flycutter

Flycutter . Member

I would say this is better housing than any MMO on the market today. In LOTRO you could only place stuff in certain locations in your house. Yeah, Rift has that beat.